INSTALLATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Nature of work to be undertaken: Replacement Boiler Installation or central heating upgrade
These terms and conditions are in addition to our Installation Guarantee. Gas Care Heating Services Ltd T/A Boiler Genie and our subcontracted representatives herein referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’, will not be held responsible for:
- Pre-existing damage or issues with existing system pipework, fittings, valves or hot cold-water outlets are not our responsibility. We are only responsible for any additions to the existing system which we have carried out. •Where a high-pressure system or a non-pressurised to pressurised, system is installed and the existing pipework has not been adapted, altered or otherwise redone by us or our representative to suit the new pressure levels, we will not call out free of charge for any resulting leaks or issues with existing valves and we will not be responsible for any resulting damage. •A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required to cancel/postpone a boiler installation. A cancellation fee of £200 may apply to cancellations that do not meet the notice period.
- Please be advised that in some instances to enable the installation to be satisfactorily completed, there will be a requirement to undertake the work in such a manner deemed as outside the normal parameters. This may include access to a neighbouring property. In this instance, it will be the customer’s responsibility to arrange this access.
- Should the customer specify works be done out with normal parameters where we have not expressly recommended such, we will not be responsible for any issues that arise from works carried out against our recommendations. This includes relocating items such as the boiler flue and sockets.
- Clearing obstructions such as; wall units, cupboards, decorative flooring, linoleum, laminate and carpeting is the responsibility of the customer. Obstructions must be cleared before install can take place. Securing ornaments and wall mounted television sets is not the responsibility of the installer nor are we liable for any damage should unsecured items become dislodged during installation. We will not refit flooring i.e. carpets and laminate. Where it is necessary to access below flooring, including laminate flooring, it is the customer’s responsibility to either lift or replace this flooring or to grant us permission to cut a hatch but the customer will be liable for making good on the flooring i.e. laminate. We will only secure the main floor boards; we will not repair or replace laminate if asked to cut a hatch for access.
- Any hole reinstatement will be finished in Portland cement. We do not offer decorative render or roughcast finishes. We do not offer cosmetic or decorative covers, paintwork or other. It will be the customer’s responsibility to make good on the finish both internal and external to the property.
- All appliances, fittings and fixtures supplied and installed by us remain the property of Gas Care Heating Services Ltd until full payment has been made.
- Should the customer tamper, interfere with or change any aspect of the system post install, we will not be responsible for the correcting of any issues caused by these actions. Should the customer attempt to alter the valves on the boiler, bleed the radiators or otherwise attempt self-maintenance of the system and this result in issues, we will not rectify these issues free of charge. This includes power or gas supply issues.
- We will not set or reset thermostats/programmers post install free of charge. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they are satisfied with the instruction on use at the time of install. Our installers will fully demonstrate how to use the new appliance and controls
- It is the customer’s responsibility to retain all manuals, guarantees/warranties. We will not provide this service nor can we provide copies post install.
- We offer a 24-month workmanship guarantee. The manufacturer’s parts and labour guarantee is for the duration of their guarantee as advised and providing an annual service is carried out. Existing pipework, fittings and radiators are NOT included.
- Please be aware that to qualify for the full term of the MANUFACTURER product warranty, the appliance must be serviced annually by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. Proof of annual service must be made available to the Manufacturer (e.g. Benchmark Service Record, which can be found in the back of your boiler manual). Should either of these conditions not be met the period of warranty will decrease depending on the manufacturer.
- Payment MUST be paid in full on the day of installation unless you have chosen one of our pay monthly options.